Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Foal Has Arrived

I really am rubbish at keeping this update, not enough hours in the day at the moment.

Mr Darcy arrived on 22 March 2012, I had a funny feeling that Thursday morning so rushed straight to the stables after taking the kiddies to school. I was greeted by Lorraine & Stuart at the gate saying "has someone rung you?" & I answered "Is it here???" then ran to the stable door.

I breathed such a sigh of relief when i saw a healthy mare & foal looking back at me, not only that a very hansom foal! I had been very worried about what exactly might pop out considering we had no idea what the stallion was that covered Bea.

Darcy has been a very bold little chap from day one, even at a few hours old he was coming up to me & letting me stroke him, by two days i was lifting his feet & he expects kisses whenever i pass the stable! Now nearly six weeks on & he's getting big! his character is getting bigger & bolder by the day, I cant help but feel he is going to make one VERY special horse in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment